Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thinking issue is more critical than global warming


This is a quote from my lecturer in creative thinking, "The most critical issue is not global warming but rather, the way people think" by Edward De Bono.

Come to think of this, it is really an argument that I would agree on. Not in a critical sense that people in IBM or Microsoft or Google think, but rather close to my home, in Malaysia.

I have also read this article here. Quite an inspiring article I would say. Tan Sri also focuses on the right thing to think and how to generate creativity.

And just recently, I thought back about a book my Edward De Bono, about lateral thinking. When come to think of it, thinking is really crucial in creating an empowering community. "Empowering creativity that empowers".

Tan Sri also mentioned about the importance of education system. Education methods in the 20th century cannot be used in the 21st century.

Whenever there are weakness in the Malaysia society, the education system were to be blamed. This seems to be a sickness in the society people like to stick to. Again, it is back to the thinking of the people themselves.

I am not sure what I would like to voice out here, but I would like to say that thinking is important. Thinking creates a society that excels. Thinking creates a creative community. Thinking will bring a bright future to everyone.

No comments: